Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Marine...

Never could the most skilled of miners

nor the most cunning of the dwarves

have dug deep enough into the bowels of the earth

to find that most improbable spring

the true waters of true man,

the tears of a Marine.


Yet

before a lone star

at a place of ursine sorcery

a renegade eagle

flying high above the globe

stole potent arrows from the gods

and with true aim fired

and anchored your heart to mine.

The blessed dart pierced the stalwart soil

strengthened by the fletching of my blood

and found that hallowed liquid trove.


The flood, scarlet and gold,

pure, honest, and mighty,

rinsed my battered soul

and I reached into a void

and found your gentle hand.

There, within the calloused creases

where fortunetellers had written our fate

an ancient predestined hymn

etched with love below your fingers,

my heart built a nest of the hardest diamonds

and robbed the sky of all its stars

to write

with their astral ink

to carve

with their stellar weight

my vow

your vow

always faithful, Semper Fi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home